if you are using Gmail app for a long time, you might have stuck with “how to send secret information, and how to restrict recipients to forward, download or print an email message that you have sent to them. Or how to set an expiry time for email, after which recipient will not to able to read the message.
Just a few days ago, Google has introduced a new feature in Gmail, “Confidential Mode”, to send secret information. This can be set by sender only.
Here is how to use the feature on an Android phone :
- Open Gmail
- Compose a message
- On the top right, tap on more option and select “Confidential Mode”
- Setup confidential mode with ‘Expiry Date” and “Passcode”
- The app will prompt you to enter missing information, if you have selected phone number to verify identity via SMS, then add recipient mobile number.
To Remove access :
- Open your Confidential email from a “Sent” section.
- Click on Remove access button which is available at the end of your content. Once it’s removed, it shows the message “Content is expired” along with the option to “Renew Access” as well.
Note – Gmail Confidential Mode is now available on Android, iOS and desktop app as well.